Marketing and Research Intern
Our Marketing and Research Interns help the Energy Shrink team with maintaining and enhancing our social media presence, tracking business relationships and content, and researching technical content on green buildings. Occasional http://localhost/cms/energy/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/TLC-2021-1920×1080-1-1.jpgistrative support may be required as well. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to work in the green buildings world who would like to get an understanding of the local green marketplace in a collaborative work environment.
Tools and platforms you will use on the job:
- HubSpot, WordPress, Elementor (within WordPress) to edit blog posts
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint to research and edit
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram to post
- Paint, Canva, Photoshop or similar image editing software
Flexible work hours, remote work, regular check-in meetings online. Minimum 10 hours/week commitment required. Flexible start and end dates with a 3-month minimum. Position open now; early start preferred.
- High degree of comfort with web-based technology
- Savvy in content creation for internet-based platforms such as WordPress, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Comfortable with image editing software – creating banner images, announcements
- Excellent attention to detail
- A sense of design and familiarity with creating social media graphics will be a bonus
- Research skills with quick grasp of new concepts
- Ability to analyze and synthesize various sources of information
- Highly organized, efficient, and focused
- Fluency with basic functions of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to take direction
Examples of tasks
- Research and create social media soundbites for Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Organize contacts in MS Excel for newsletter distribution
- Research and synthesize information on subject matter-focused topics such as Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Green energy sources, emissions from various fuels; perform simple calculations
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or a recent graduate with strong interest in energy matters as demonstrated by student projects or previous work experience
- Preferably a marketing or business student with strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Candidate will have to clear a verbal interview and a written question
- Reference required; Background check will be conducted
- You will get exposure to the many facets of decarbonizing buildings
- Get exposure to many facets of small business operations in the metro DC region in a collaborative environment
- Attend trade events and network when opportunities arise
- Gain experience working with seasoned consultants with work experience at Fortune 500 companies
- Get assistance with refining your resume, cover letter and career advice
Energy Shrink, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We will gladly assist you with paperwork/requirements for college credits and ensure you receive valuable on-the-job experience.
About Energy Shrink
Energy Shrink is a consulting practice focused on decarbonization in the built environment. Energy Shrink specializes in sustainability and energy-efficiency in buildings, that is, high-performance or green buildings. Combining decades of US and international experience at reputed consulting firms with the flexibility of a small business, Energy Shrink offers high-quality consulting that bridges the gap between building science knowledge and the global marketplace.
Learn More about Energy Shrink.
If you would like to apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Jang, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org